Do you watch out for your handbag when shopping?

I just wanted to mention this because I see so many ladies putting their handbag in a shopping cart and walking away to look at items in a store. My aunt had her handbag stolen this way. I've seen it several times in the last couple of days and just wanted to mention it. Be careful!!

elizabr

Asked by elizabr at 11:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• thank you for some excellent advice - i always have it on my person - either on my body (over my shoulder) or carrying it in my hand - i've seen women doing the same thing that you mentioned - and i've seen it at the casinos - especially a bad idea there - they will put it down on the seat next to them or between the one-armed bandits - some people go to the casinos JUST to STEAL....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yup. The only time I'll leave the cart with my purse in it is when my purse is so buried with stuff that no one would bother digging through...tho usually the only thing in my purse is my keys, and my id. I generally keep my cash on me, or my debit card..when shopping.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I never leave my purse in the cart but I don't carry my purse when I do out shopping I always use my cross body purse.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Great advice. Also, my hubby is a police officer and says that they get soooo many reports of women who have their purses taken at restaurants when they hang it on the back of their chair. FYI.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My purse stays on my shoulder at all times. The only time I set it down is when I'm checking out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have it in the cart in front of me, usually with my hand still on the straps or over it. The only time I dont have it right beside me is if I leave the cart with my husband so I can check on something. HE will sometimes leave it right in the open and I get grouchy with him then. I dont have a lot of money to lose usually, but I do have identification in there!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Always! From strangers and my KIDS!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 5:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I always have my hand bag with me (unless I just bring in my wallet, then I keep my purse under my seat in the car because there is nothing but make up and other like things in there).

But I always keep it in my hands because I've seen people have their purses snatched from walking away from them while it's in the cart.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Great post. My older sister had her purse stolen when we were shopping at Old Navy near Washington, DC. We were looking at jacket and she left her purse in the cart. She turned her back for 2 seconds and it was missing. She acted fast by having me stand my the entrance to notify the employees and she notified people as well. the staff was really good about checking everyone as they left and actually found the purse with a shopper.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010