one breast stop producing please help!!!!!!!

my right breast is no longer getting milk supply but the left is still producing and looks bigger than the other . please help!!!!!!!!

sweethil

Asked by sweethil at 9:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can try pumping on the one that isn't getting any. This can make it come back without affecting how your baby eats. Always make sure to alternate breasts everytime you feed. (not that you weren't before, but just a reminder.)
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Jazak is right on her comment & another thing you can do is drink plenty of water! I cant express enough on how important your water intake is.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i agree with the above! When i had milk supply issues i took fenugreek, a natural herb you can get at a natural food store and it totally worked after a week. take 3 pills 3 times daily and drink LOTS!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 10:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You might have a breast infection. I would call you dr's nurse and just ask. It never hurts to ask. I wasnt able to breast feed for longer than a week, but my friend constantly got breast infections in one of her breasts.
    BrensMomma

Answer by BrensMomma at 11:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008