So who does more in convincing people to leave Christianity or just not become one with their actions and words...

A very rude judgmental, condemning Christian, or a non Christian? This was pointed out in a post as if it was addressed which it wasn't so I am asking. Now I am asking you to put logic and every thing else that may make you not believe and just go off the words and actions you see and hear.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The greatest enemy to Christianity is the Christians who act in such an un-Christlike manner. Those who judge and push others away with their self righteousness and closed hearts and minds. They do more damage than any non Christian could.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Neither one should do so because as a Christian you are to be focusing on GOD not on people. Sadly too many Christians put their focus on the wrong thing ... its called distraction and it is a tool of Satan to have Christians focus on people and decide because they are acting that way the person chooses to not accept Christianity. It is not ever God's fault that people choose to act up. It is a Christians choice to look past that and look at God and His word instead.
    If I kept my focus on people ... and if you knew my history.... you would wonder why I never left the faith! It is because I REALIZE that people WILL make mistakes and I REALIZE my faith is not in man but in God Himself and my focus is on HIM and HIS love no matter how people chose to treat me! This is logical to me. :-) Keep eyes off man and on God and you won't fall or go off the path! It is that easy! We just make it so complicated.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• A non-believer really has no right to try to take God form someone.   I completely agree!  However a christian has no right to force god on someone.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well, you're comparing what seems to be a "bad" Christian and an innocent non-believer. The non-believer can very well be condemning, rude, and judgmental as well. I don't think that either extreme does a very good job of convincing anyone of anything. I, for one, never try to sway anyone from their beliefs, and I don't appreciate anyone trying to sway mine. Not that it matters, because they can't, but...

A rude, judgmental, condemning Christian isn't setting a good example for all Christians, bc most Christians aren't like that. Who would want to be like that?

A non-believer really has no right to try to take God form someone. I don't follow the Bible or Christianity, but you don't see me insulting the Bible and those who do follow it. In this country, we have freedom of religion,and in my opinion, that also should mean he freedom to believe what you want without someone trying to insult you for doing just that.

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Just what I said in the other post-It is within oneself to convert. I agree with Missionary-the bashing is getting boring.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's not a matter of who specifically changes a person's mind on something, it's more of a what. A bad excample of any faith or belief will lead people away while a good example of another faith or belief will lead people into learning more. It's really a lead by example scenario. Good examples will cause people to want to follow, bad examples will send people running. It all comes down to what kind of example you want to be.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• "A non-believer really has no right to try to take God form someone"

HOW in the world could a non believer even DO that?! I never understand this. IF you believe in a god, doesn't he reside within your heart? If so, there should be no way any ONE person could ever take that away. AND if they can, then your faith isn't what you think it is. In fact I'd say it was never there in the first place. And you know deep down you were just pretending. No one has that power unless you give it to them.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Considering the number of non-Christians who go out of their way to denounce the religion are few and far between, while the members of the faith who do a crappy job of representing it are legion, statistically the believers would have to be chasing more people away with their actions than any non-Christian could with their words alone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The non-believer can very well be condemning, rude, and judgmental as well
    you don't see me insulting the Bible and those who do follow itl as well.
    ~

Totally agree. If I were to elaborate my answer, ^^^ this would be it.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Eh, both could be the culprit. But people mistake their own words and actions as being important enough to sway one's very personal spititual path. When in reality, our spiritual paths are an ever growing, INWARD expanding of ourselves. It is only within ourselves that we believe what we believe.
    IF it were "because" of someone else, I'd say that those people are fooling themselves and desperate for a path because they feel lost.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010