Getting Blood out of Fabric?

When you get blood on your clothes, what do you do to get the blood out?
I usually try to soak the area in cold water, apply some stain remover, then wash. Other times if the blood is already dried, I apply stain remover then throw it in the wash and hope for the best. Doesn't work out so well for me. Just curious to see what works for others.

TeaAndrews

Asked by TeaAndrews at 9:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i take peroxide and pour it over the stain, the opposite way it came in contact with the clothes. like, if i cut my leg shaving, the blood is on the inside of my pants, so i pour the peroxide onto the outside of the fabric so the blood goes right back out the way it got on and doesn't get any further ground into the material. it works really well, but it can take a little while if the stain is big or has dried.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• peroxide or oxyclean. if it's white i might use the bleach pen. thenwash in cold and never put it in the dryer till you get it out all the way.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• when i was in the hospital and they were drawing blood they got some on my pillowcase i brought....the nurse used hydrogen peroxide and it came right out and it has worked for me since
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have found that rubbing SHOUT onto the stain seems to work for me.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 10:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2008