My daughter is 9 months old and does not sleep through the night. Dont know what to do at this point

she was breastfed and slept in bed with me until she was about 7 months old (single mom) she sleeps like a rock when she sleeps with me, but wont in her crib.

lizzysmomma0101

Asked by lizzysmomma0101 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you BF or FF? It makes a difference. Also some children don't sleep through the night until they are a year old.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i wish a had a miracle answer for you. With our son it was a perfect process, but he really never slept with us. Now on the contrary our lovely little daughter decided she can't and won't sleep in her crib (who is 6 mo old). So All i can do is sympathize with you and let you know we are going through the same thing. And I don't know about you but i get tired of people telling me to "stay in there and be strong" I am not Rockey and I want sleep. So whenever leave her with a grandparent or some babysitter and do nothing but SLEEP!!! thats why God invented babysitters
    Logansmommy1228

Answer by Logansmommy1228 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I wish you the best of luck because I am going thru the same problem right now.. My son is 8 months old and he wont sleep in his crib... I also BF... It was cute sleeping with him but its not cute anymore.. LOL...
    airmom04

Answer by airmom04 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Do you feed her babyfood and cereal? If so feeding before bedtime is a really good way to get them to sleep longer. My daughter is 8 months and sleeps all night. I feed her at about 8:30 or 9 and she goes to sleep about 30 min after. She sleeps until about 7:30 or 8 the next morning. Good luck I know how hard it can be!
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Heck then put her back in bed with you, cosleeping is not a bad thing is f you don't mind it she misses the closeness some babies need that. Solids don't make them sleep longer thats not true a baby will sleep when they sleep
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• you know what i do that helps my little one get to sleep quick and sleep all night long? i have this time at night, it starts around seven, where the baby and i go in the bedroom and she lays on my bed and rolls around and laughs and watches her favorite movie for awhile (Beauty and the beast) i let her roll around for 30 - 45 minutes in nothing but her diaper until she gets a little cranky then i give her a bottle and she goes right off to sleep. my mom and i have talked about it and we agree that it's almost like a relax time for her, like an un-wind time. If we have an evening where for some reason we cant do that and we try to put her right to bed, it DOES NOT WORK, she doesnt sleep right away and she doesnt sleep well.
    hihowareyou22

Answer by hihowareyou22 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If she sleeps better with you then bring her back into bed with you. There is nothing wrong with co sleeping. It reduces the risk of SIDS and regulates baby's breathing not to mention making her feel safe and secure. If you feel like she needs to be with you then bring her in bed with you. If she is still BF ( which I highly recommend) then it makes it 10 times easier and you are also not worrying about her all through the night. I would recommend reading the book The Family Bed by Tine Thevenin. You can probably get it on Amazon or Ebay.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 12:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• With my son, at six months, i would feed hima bottle befor ei put him down to bed, and i would put him down awake, and let him cry himself to sleep. NEVER more than 30 min, then i would go get him and comfort him, and then put him back down...same thing if he woke up in hte middle of the night, i would let him cry it out, but if he didn't go to sleep i would get him after 30 min. About a month later he was sleeping thorugh the night and going to sleep on his own from being put down awake.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 12:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I co-slept with both of my girls until my oldest was about 7 and youngest was about 4. They still prefer to sleep with each other. I don't understand the importance some people put on babies and kid sleeping in their own beds. Where ever everyone gets the best and most sleep is my policy. Let's face it, when they grow up and get married, they will have to share a bed anyway. So why get used to sleeping alone? I can tell you from experience that once you sleep alone for so long it's hard to sleep with someone in your bed. My husband is an over the road trucker and is rarely home. When he is home, it is very difficult for me to sleep with him. I don't want my kids to have the same problem......
    vanfox23

Answer by vanfox23 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008