my 9 year old was playing and she jumped

she jumped on my side. now i am in pain , sore, and seems i can barely eat which in a way is good since i want to lose weight. it seems she bruised me. she was so apologetic when she realized she did hurt me and it was not her intention to land on me either. is there anything i can do other then taking tylenol or ibuprofen for pain and warm baths and showers?

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• Do not take Aspirin, if you are bruised it will only make the bleeding worse. Ice packs are good but never put ice directly on the skin, use a towel or washcloth between your skin and ice. If you're having some muscle inflammation Ibuprofen or Aleve will help. If you take those and you aren't having any relief take Tylenol and you'll probably need to go see your Dr or a Chiropractor.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 2:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Hmm.. I'm not sure. Maybe try a heating pad??
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Heating pad or warm bath is a BAD idea if it's a bruise. Ice instead. Tylenol, Aleve, Aspirin or Advil for pain. If it does not improve, or you start having other symptoms or can't eat, etc, go to the ER.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2010