How did you help you child learn their numbers?

My DD is 2 and I've used the Leap Frog DVD to help her with recognizing her letters, and she has gotten them all in about 2 weeks. I wanted to get a DVD for numbers, but can't find a Leap Frog version. What have you found helpful in helping your little one learn to identify her numbers?

lvaughn26

Asked by lvaughn26 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used flash cards with my little boy. It worked great. Especially doing it daily. You can buy them or just make your own. I did letters, colors, numbers, and shapes.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There is one. It is Math Circus. We have it and my LO loves it. I have also written the numbers on paper plates. 0-10 and she know them all now and is learning to count as well. Thank you leap frog!!! Good luck and I hope that you can find the video. It deals with addition and subtraction but teaches that the numbers mean things. We also have math adventure to the moon as well, which teaches that math is everywhere around you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It really was a combination of things from television programs and playful toys that made the whole learning process fun for them. If they aren't having fun then they will be turned off.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I did flash cards for a while but they get very bored of that quikly. Try to count everyhting you see. Apples, marbles, fingers, toes etc
    kellymsons

Answer by kellymsons at 11:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks Coala. I saw the Math Circus on amazon, but I thought it might be too advanced. I'm going to go put that in my cart right now!
    lvaughn26

Comment by lvaughn26 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My son is 22 months and we just count everything - stairs, steps, blocks, etc. When we see numbers anywhere, I point them out and we say them together. He can identify up through 12.

Answer by missanc at 11:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I put my son letters on his wall in lower/upper case. We went over them everyday just once. Numbers, I did the same thing. Now he is writing numbers and letters. We also count everything and when descibing things would indicate the color.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We have a number puzzle which seems to be working good. He matches the numbers up while I say them over and over.
    amdido355

Answer by amdido355 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010