HELP

i just recently had a dnc (about 3 weeks ago.) doc cleared me to have sex just wondering how fertile you are after a dnc and when does your period usually come. also when should i take a test? still no period 3 weeks later

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• whats the DNC test ???? its not the period of ovulation!! if it's the case ovulation can occur in very different ways from women to an other woman In all cases, there are methods that allow women wanting to be a mother to identify the time of ovulation to put all chances on their side
    Based on a cycle lasting 28 days representing the average of women, ovulation usually occurs on the 14th day after the onset of menses. but not all women hv the same length of cycle, ovulation may occur earlier or later, after menstruation. thus, a woman whose cycle is 24 days ovulate the 10th day, and another whose cycle lasts 30 days for his part ovulate on day 16...
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Do you mean D&C? I really don't know, but I have read it can take 3-6 weeks for your body to get back to normal but you can conceive as early as two weeks later. It varies widely. How long did your Dr say it might take?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They say that your chances of getting pregnant after miscarriage are very high. Kind of like after you give birth your chances are high in getting pregnant again. But then again each woman is different. The doctor usually tells you to wait 1 to 3 months to make sure your cycles are regular again and this will give you a better chance in narrowing down when you got pregnant. Also if you get pregnant to early and your body isnt ready it could result in another miscarriage. I understand the urge of wanting to be pregnant after having a miscarriage because I have had two but you also have to think if your emotionally ready to go through it all over again just in case it does happen. But just like each of us can give you an opinion it is completely up to you and your family. So I wish you the best of luck!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• it took me almost 2 months to get mine, but you are suppose to be very fertile after the only thing is your uterus was scraped so it is the best place for an egg to attach but they said it still happens and ppl have a healthy pregnancy
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That would be a question to ask your doctor. I'm sure it varies from woman to woman.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010