Do you ever feel this way??

Ok so I have a far from easy child - has been that way since I got pregnant.. sometimes I find myself feeling resentful that others seem to have it "easy" I know its on the outside looking in and all parents have their things.. but I can't get over it - I love my child more than life itself but every step is a challenge and its hard to watch when everyone around me its a breeze for.. I have taken parenting classes and read many books - my child was just born with an extreme personality ( maybe more who knows yet - he's only 3) just frustrating sometimes I guess....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Im like that too, my ds is just something differnt we both are seeing a therapist because at times its just overwelming or too much for me, i feel bad for him at times but its just not that easy for me, he has gone to live w/my mother then comes back because he is just too much.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Im sorry, I dont know how you feel. But I hope you are taking advantage of the many groups/etc available. There are many groups, hotlines, magaxzines, etc available for hard children or parents that want or need help! Good Luck! I hope it gets easier for you!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have a very challenging child myself. We all don't have it easy. You have to figure out what works for your child and stick with it and adjust on the fly when something doesn't work. I thought that one of my friends had it easy, but after spending more time with her recently, all 3 of her kids are challenging just all in different ways.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Trust me I understand. My son who is almost nine now has been a challenge everyday since before birth! I know what you mean and it is tiring at times. What do you mean by an extreme personality if you don't mind my asking?
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Extreme as in very strong willed, tests every area, sleep issues, allergies, food allergies, WHINES, tantrums more than a child typically at his age, just totally goes overboard crys fits over the smallest areas or smallest things.. he's very verbal, we are very involved, hands on, read to him, get down to his level, time outs, consistant life and routines but everything is a meltdown.. every phase is a MAJOR transition to get through - I don't know.. just absolutely EVERY area of him is so hard sometimes..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I am curious about your defintion of an "extreme personality".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh, okay, I just read your explanation. I think ignoring the tantrums and not giving in , humoring him and remaining CALM.....plus, realizing that when he gets older,it will go away....will help.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010