tear duct tubes?

My dd is 27 months, occasionally i have noticed her eye tearing up and weeping, brought it up to the doctor, they recomended going to eye doctor, did that and they said to put the tube in. Its not blocked just narrow. I just don't know if it its 100% necessary i guess. I feel like its not happening that often. I don't want to put her through it if it really doesn't need to be donem. Has anyone had their child with similar age have to have this done? What should i expect if we do it?

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 11:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would see if its something the Eye Dr thinks she really needs or if this goes away or she will grow out of it somehow.. I would read every bit of information that I could before doing it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My brother had a major problem with his tear ducts as a child. His eyes would water constatly. Especially while he was sleeping. he would wake up and his eye would be closed because of the "eye gunk"(whatever you want to call it). He would have to wash his face with warm water to get it to open/clean. He is now 25 and it waters but not like it was when he was a child. He never had tubes or anything of the sort put it. I have actually ever even heard of it. Personally, I wouldnt do it. If it is not hindering your daughter in some way I say no. Good Luck with your decision!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I meant....I have never even heard of it! :-)
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010