Did you know between 5am & 7am is the best time to have a bowel moment?

Did you know that your body functions on an internal time schedule? LITERALLY!!! Being comprised of energy, at certain times during the day, your body's organs and systems of organs within our body reach the peak of their energy flow for the day. Between the hours of 5am and 7am is when your body exerts its highest amounts of energy cleansing the large intestine. It is also believed that doing internal exercises and making sure to have a good bowel movement during this peak energy flow within the body will help you to naturally balance your body supporting you against constipation and diarrhea.

I had no clue until I really began to learn more about internal energy and how meridians work along with herbal remedies. Now I know why I wake up between 6:30 and 7:15am specifically to go potty!

Check out The Complete System of Self-Healing: Internal Exercises by Dr. Stephen T. Chang.

MzZiXiu4U

Asked by MzZiXiu4U at 11:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• Interesting!
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 11:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• And that concludes today's TMI health announcement....LOL

But really, yeah, the body spends all night digesting your dinner, so is quite ready to empty itself first thing in the AM.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• http://ibdcrohns.about.com/od/dailylife/a/normalbm.htm

Here is a link that explains every person is diofferent. No one runs on the same house hold schedule.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i would be jumping up and down for joy -if only my body were awake between 5 am and 7 am - maybe i should set the alarm clock? not a bad idea - DONE!!!! I'm all for a good bowel movement - and so it goes!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Awesome link Tryin thanks! With people living in different parts of the country, having different diets, different health issues, etc. its only natural that everyone has different biorhythms. What's amazing is how knowing this information can positively help people. I have had digestive issues for years and never thought about my biorhythms. For years I wasn't able to eat until after 11am due to severe digestive issues. When I'd wake in the morning I would have severe stomach cramping, nausea, and diarrhea. I would have to wait out any thoughts of food until the symptoms died down. Having my gallbladder removed in '97 has negatively impacted the positive flow of energy within my organs and I developed severe digestive issues due to it. My search for solutions led me to Dr. Chang's book and some new views on my health and fitness.
    MzZiXiu4U

Comment by MzZiXiu4U (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I never knew that. How interesting..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 12:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Interesting....
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010