Floridas car seat laws... what a joke!

Iv been panicking over wether or not to keep my 4yr old in his 5point or move him to a booster.
Coincidently on our news channel this morning they explained it better, the law is simply under 3yrs of age they must be in a safty seat. Doesnt say anything about hight, weight or keeping them in a 5point or booster. I think thats stupid. One comment someone left on the news website was "if they can walk, talk, use the bathroom on their own ect. then they dont need to be in a car seat" how dumb can you be!

I will keep my kids in their seats untill they outgrow them.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is about as stupid as when they say, "if a kid can talk, they don't need to nurse." That is just some extremely misinformed people that don't care about safety.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That is ridiculous!
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• good for you !! The law may be lax but you don't have to be. in NY they have to be 8
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• In California (if the law hasn't changed again) the child has to be 60 lbs in a booster seat. Well my four year old is 61 lbs and she still rides in her booster seat. I will keep her in it when I feel safe enough to take her out of it...she doesn't complain at all because she can see out the window in her booster!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• okay, I think putting any child over 5 in a car seat is just dumb! Your telling me that you are going to put your 11 year old n a car seat? Because that is when they are too big for them by height / weight! Just silly, and yes if a child is over 2 and you breasfeed, that is just creepy! In a recent poll, the majority of americans find itstrangeand uncomfortable towitness a child over 2 breastfeeding! Euopens on the othe hand breastfeed longer ( nuff said). Why woud you do either whn yor child is capabel of feeding themselves, and is at an age where a car seat is not requird? Those are the childen who wind up with serious isses. Nt being able to adapt to life as a normal and independant person! WEIRD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010