My 12 year old daughter is pregnant....

Should I make her get an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh baby. I am sorry. All I can offer is what I would do. And many people will disagree with me. Personally, I would not allow her to have the baby. Not to keep or to give up for adoption. Her body or mind are not anywhere near ready for anything of this magnitude. Secondly, I would put her on Depro-vera. And lastly I would get her counseling to help her understand that she doesn't need sexual attention to validate who she is. (I am assuming of course that she got pregnant of her own free will).
    I truely wish you the best, my thoughts are with you sweetie.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Only you and her can decide that. But if it was me i would'nt i would make her keep it and you raise it as it was your baby. pr give it up for adoption, there is alot of familys wanna to have babies that cant. Hope you make the right choice.
    Anonymous

• she's 12! do you think she's evn going to be able to handle the labor? And what about her being pregnant at school?
    Anonymous

• Have you discussed this with her also? I could not imagine dealing with this situation. I do not know what to say. I wish you all the best.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• nah, why instead since you are death happy why don't you let yourself die or your daughter because you have had the oppertunity to live for quite some time now. Not saying that your daughter was in the wrong because I don't know the situation, but there is no exuse for abortion. There are hundreds of women who want babies. And I have heard the argument "well if they end up in foster care they could be murders" well that is not a fair assesment. I have heard of murders who were raised by Doctors in loving familys. Really what gives you the right to think that you or your daughters life is more valuable that the babies growing in your daughters belly? You both have heart beats. No instead lets let all the mothers who have children under the age of 5 who are struggling and can't support their children be able to murder them.. that sounds good. I mean kids under 5 don't have much of a life anyways
    Logansmommy1228

Answer by Logansmommy1228 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes..Im not one to look at abortion as birthcontrol..but shes so young that in her case i would!
    Anonymous

• I don't think the circumstances are what's at hand. It's going to ruin her life! SHE IS 12 YEARS OLD!!!! I'm afraid for her health also. If it makes her sick, is it then ok to abort or should I let her die just so the baby can live...
    Anonymous

• You two really need to talk about it. I could never imagine being in your position. I would def consider adoption unless you are able to help her raise it. She needs to come out of all of this with responsibilty. An abortion would just be a quick fix tht may not show her the consequences of her actions. If she was able to make an "adult" decision by having sex then she really needs to handle this like an adult. God forbid it was an STD she couldnt give that back. Its all up to you two though and an abortion is your/her own personal choice. Think it out, You don't want to regret anything. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• IT ISN'T THE BABYS FAULT! I don't know the whole situation but good grief give the baby up for adoption if you dont want him/her please give this baby a chance.
    Anonymous

• IMO...abortion is murder. There are sooo many couples that can't have children. Please consider adoption. I know she's young but if she can have sex, and conceive a child she can and should surely give birth to it. Please be the mother she is looking for you to be right now and help her make and informed and educated decision. You should be asking yourself if you should keep the child as your own or put this child up for adoption so that a childless mother can have her dream come true.
    Good luck and my thoughts are with you both.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2008