Carseat???

my daughters carseat seems to tip every time we go somewhere. It just want stay in place, Its one of thoses infant/ toddler seats. Should i get new one , one that is a carrier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe you dont have it positioned right.. Try taking it to the POlice station they can install it for you.. And if not then maybe you should get a new car seat.. How old is your baby?? But its not safe at all if her car seat is tipping when you drive.. You should ck that out ASAP.. Good Luck!!
    airmom04

Answer by airmom04 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• She is 7 months. Its buckled like its suppose to be. everything is right on it tho.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster, take it to a local police station and have them check it out for you,
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• google certified carseat installation technician and your city name and there should be one at the hosptial, police department or fire station. Are you using latch or seatbelt? It may be that your seatbelt needs a locking clip.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The fire station here does carsear installation for free, so I would imagine you could find someone near you that offers the same services. Our fire station actually offers brand new carseats for $20 donations as well.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Even if you think its installed correctly, statistics show that they usually aren't. Go here and find a place near you and have it inspected immediately. If it's tipping over thats seriously dangerous.
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cps/cpsfitting/Index.cfm
    detroit.mommy

Answer by detroit.mommy at 1:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thats what I would do. I am a licenced car seat inspecter and I know that when i do car seats people always have something wrong with them even if they dont think so. Whether its just little things like haveing the straps to loose or big things like having a recalled car seat. I would go to your local police department and have them look at it.
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• If in fact you do have it installed correctly it may be as simple as you need a locking clip to hold it tight.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008