Good arts and crafts for 1 and 2 yr old brothers??

My sons are really close in age, my older son is 2 and my younger son is 1. The older one LOVES arts and crafts, but we have only been doing them during his brothers nap times so theres no huge mess made. I would like to get his brother involved and dont mind a huge mess but what would be safe, fun and age suited for both kids??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Edible playdough - you can google recipes. If you have a deck and a couple of paintbrushes you can give them a bucket of water and let them "paint" the deck.

Answer by missanc at 11:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have a one and three year old. I get a sheet of plastic and put poster board down on it and let them finger/foot paint. Then my 3 year old tells me a story about the picture he painted.. He has a big imagination :) lol
    Acensmommy

Answer by Acensmommy at 12:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The finger and foot painting is fun. If I remember correctly, you can color whip cream with food coloring and color with that. You might have to check that out, it's been a couple of years for me.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010