what is wrong with my baby boy?

He will not stop screaming his head off! He's 7 months old, I've fed him, changed him, made sure he wasn't hot or cold, won't sit still on my lap but I put him on the belly on the floor he almost falls asleep if it wasn't for his sisters, I put him in bed, and he screams bloody freakin' murder.
I've even given him tylonol thinking it's a growth spurt or teething, that was an hour ago... it hasn't helped. I've cried comforting him 5 times, it's not working, what the hell is going on with my baby?!

Wrtngfantasymom

Asked by Wrtngfantasymom at 11:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did collic rubs on my children & Gr.kids. They holler sometimes but it moves the gas along. Place him on his back on the floor put oil or lotion in your hands let him here you tell him what you're doing and warm up the lotion by rubbing your hands 2gether close 2 his ear (the sound gets their attention) then rub the tummy downward gently from under ribs to bottom of belly 5 x's(talk soothing) then press knees into stomach then straighten them (slowly, slight pressure 2 belly with his thighs not 2 much) bout 5-6 x's then jiggle his bottom up and down talk soft the whole time. It will calm him & help gas move faster. Sometimes it helps to release the gas if you put a little oil around the anal opening on the OUTSIDE so it will open easier for him. If doesn't help after 4-5 x's I think call Dr. could B appendix,I had inverted 1. GOOD LUCK! Try not 2 go crazy!!!
    mamann

Answer by mamann at 12:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe you should call the doctor and speak to a nurse. They may want to see him.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe he has gas? Have you tried giving him gas drops?
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe an ear infection? Poor baby sounds like he is in pain.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If putting him on his belly helped, I'd be willing to bet it's gas. What helped my son most with gas was laying him on his stomach over my knees and gently patting his back. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no gas drops and hes not pulling his ears im kind bouncing him on my knee right now its keeping him semi calm
    Wrtngfantasymom

Comment by Wrtngfantasymom (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Tylenol is total CRAP...don't use it. Get some baby orajel and MOTRIN. 7mths old to me = teeth. You can also massage his gums with your finger. Careful, he will bite you and it will hurt.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Teething can cause collic too bcuz they suck in a lot of air while crying. With collic drinking bottle feels better to tummy but it's too easy to over feed them and this makes it worse! Sorry for you and the baby, Hope he feels better!!
    mamann

Answer by mamann at 12:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sounds like gas to me if being on his belly helped. Try rubbing his tummy and doing the bicycle with his legs.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's probably teething, but many times I have been surprised by ear infections. My kids never pulled their ears. They were just cranky. I agree with the Motrin over Tylenol.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010