What are my chances?

I'm 36 weeks. I'm heavy set and my baby is breach. I really don't want to have a c - section. My DD is Oct 13.

I just wanted to know what are my chances on having to have a c - section?

mommycoleyy88

Asked by mommycoleyy88 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can do some exercise to get baby to turn. Look on line for that. Also a chiropractor can also help with that too. But baby could still turn too. Good luck.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Some babies wait until the last few days to turn..but probably fairly high chances of a c-section. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks =) Something is telling me im going to have to have one.

The bad part is, in the middle of my pregnancy i had to have surgry on my tummy. I had a cist on one of my tubes. & my tube was twisted around the cist causing HORRIBLE pain. My doctor really wants him to turn so they dont have to re open me.
    mommycoleyy88

Comment by mommycoleyy88 (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• there's still a possibility for the baby to turn... so its still 50/50..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have an ultra sound next week. My doctor says we will make a choice then.
    mommycoleyy88

Comment by mommycoleyy88 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Okay, first of all... your baby will turn around and be all different positions clear up to birth. My boy was breech at 35 weeks. You can do many things to turn your baby naturally. Acupuncture, Chiropractic care and home exercises. ALL of them work. There is absolutely no need for C-section. The home exercises you can find online, one of them is put your knees up on the couch and your hand on the floor, seems kinda awkward while (if your worried have some one there to spot you so you dont fall) Your baby will turn, do it 2-3 times a day or just once a day. Believe me having a c-section has to be horrible! not being able to move at all while trying to take care of your newborn, some woman say up to 3-5 months they are still in pain from the cutting and scaring. Labor and delivery is much easier in comparison. Good luck, I'm on baby #5 20 weeks... :+)
    peppermintkathy

Answer by peppermintkathy at 12:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• All the above answers sound good and I don't really have a lot to add. But I did want to answer this question just to say CONGRATS!!! and good luck!!!!!!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks so much =) I know i really don't want to have a c section.
    mommycoleyy88

Comment by mommycoleyy88 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yea sounds like you might be looking at a csection...if you have to have one, it isnt as bad as you think it might be, and if you get up and move after ward you recover more quickly and help prevent blood clots plus you have pain meds and i had no pain and i felt better after 2 wks i just couldnt work out or anything bc i was still healing good luck hopefully the baby will turn
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I plan on breastfeeding though, if i have a c section, i dont think i can take pain pills.
    mommycoleyy88

Comment by mommycoleyy88 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010