Seeking advise on how to handle a rebelious teen??

Momxx6

Asked by Momxx6 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• whoop his ass
    Anonymous

• you need to sit your teen down and go over what is expected. Don't feed into the drama follow through what your rules are. Keep in mind that hormones are going wild. I don't mind if my girls don't agree with me and speak their opinion if they are respectful. I take privledges away such as computer time, phone time, going places when they don't follow a rule. If my child is at a friends and does not want to return home I will pick her up. If I do not know where she is I have called every friend in the phone book and also have gone to friends houses to talk to the parents. I do know it is very important to pick your battles.  Try taking a parenting class they are very helpful.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i Was a rebellious teen..if you message me your situation, i might be able to help..i am a young adult now and i have definately learned from my mistakes..i would like to help if you will let me
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Rebellion is a teen's way of saying 'something in my life is pressing too hard on who I am.' It may not be you... but it is important communication that you need to heed. It will not go away if you amplify it by laying down the law (nothing like a little stormtrooper boots to quiet a rebellion, yeah?), and it will not go away if you tell your child how it is.

Your child is trying to tell you something. The more talking you do, the less you will get to hear.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I agree w/ LindaClement ... I was a complete rebellion, you wouldn't be able to tell now but I was. My dad died 4 days before I turned 16, I had just moved to a new town, didn't have any friends, I was in high school, had peer pressure, my mom had a BF I couldn't stand... It was too much so I just quit trying, I didn't care about anything, then I got pregnant and relized I needed to quit being a teen and it was time to grow up and be a mom... You just need to talk to your teen, or get a therapist...
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 11:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• read this book. so your teen knows all the answers! if she can raise 8 kids and they are great then she must be doing something right. its a great book. also read parenting with love and logic. should be able to find on half.com or lds book store.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Whoop his a**. Too many parents today want to talk to their kids and reason with them. At some point they need their a** beat so they know you are still the boss. My son no longer talks back to me because the last time he did he picked his but up off the floor.
    Sonic1010

Answer by Sonic1010 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is a little too late to change his attitude by trying to reason with him. It would depend on how drastic it is. I never put up with my kids being disrespectful. They would be punished if they did or at least threatened. As parents, we at least deserve their respect. He might just be going through that stage but I still wouldn't put up with it. If he is doing things that are illegal or that could hurt himself, have the police come over and give him a talking to. It would probably change his attitude. It worked for a friend of mine. Otherwise, just make sure he knows you demand he is respectful to you. They will walk all over you if you let them. You have to teach and guide them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2008