Is it wrong

To not want to talk to my old friends anymore? I have friends, from high school or work, that all of a sudden stopped talking to me. Then randomly text me saying they wanna hang out but then the day we are "supposedly" supposed to hang out, they make excuses or don't answer me. I wonder why I'm so nice and keep talking to them, or do things for them and they do nothing ever to try to contact me, its usually me who is texting them wanting to hang out. I kinda just give up, and I've decided I'd rather spend my life with my boyfriend, son, and family.

Stephernie88

Asked by Stephernie88 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont blame you!! i wouldn't talk to them either.. i've had 1 friend since the 8th grade... when we didnt have each others numbers we'd always find some way to get in touch.. we are still really close...
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• do you really need those frinds to be happy ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I've done that before.... and i enjoy life way more now...you don't need people in your life that do stuff like that, and cause drama... drama free life is great
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I gave up talking to "friends" like that. Honestly, I want real friends and people in my life. People who are there for me like I am for them. If they can't do that, I don't need them as a friend.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no... its not wrong.
    i think there aren't very many TRUE friends out there... spend your precious time on the ones who really matter
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If they were a REAL friend they wouldn't be that way. I agree with the above posts, you don't need people like that in your life. I know its hard to let go of friends you have had for so long, but sometimes its not about how long you have known the person. It's about how involved in your life they want to be. I have recently had to go through this myself.
    MyLilClaireBear

Answer by MyLilClaireBear at 12:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, it isn't wrong. We all change over time and it's so important to be with the ones who really count.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It doesn't sound like you are not wanting to talk to your old friends anymore, it sounds like you are tired of making an effort when they don't.
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 12:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have a really good friend that I have known since 2nd grade. She moved to to TN from WI in 4th grade, we talked for a year, but then lost touch. 8 yrs later, I found her on facebook! We still talk a lot! She even came to visit me 2 years ago :) So I consider her my best friend, she lives in MN, I live in WI, but we text each other all the time. Other than her, I have 2 people I hang out with that are good friends, but I was friends with another girl, we had our kids 2 days apart and we hung out everyday for a long time, and then she moved in with her bf, and just stopped talking to me all together. She's the one I described above about texting me to hang out, but pretty much ignored me.
    Stephernie88

Comment by Stephernie88 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That is your choice. They are either interested in making a connection with you or they aren't. Usually some relationships survive and some don't. It really depends upon whether you still have a common interest with them anymore.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010