I don't think this is rude!

My brother came to Vegas and stayed at my house for free, ate and drank a ton, lounged around. We asked him to keep an eye on my daughter - his neice - at the arcade area where he likes to go after he asked her to come along. So he holds his hand out for money from me or my husband.
We did not give him any. Plus I was using my car, my gas, and gave her ten dollars for herself.
I was wondering if I was being rude....

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Not at all.. He's been mooching off you at your home.. he's the one that's kinda rude. He should be happy to spend some time with his neice & you shouldn't have to pay for it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no that's not rude!! why don't your brother have money? he cant just expect everyone to give him money all his life.. i think you did the right thing! good for you!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Doesn't sound rude to me especially since he invited her along.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What?! His behavior is abhorrent. I would never ask my sister for money to watch my nieces.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• not at all!! why should you have to pay for him after opening your doors and letting him stay with you?? he invited your daughter to go, therefore he should have paid for her.
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think you were being rude at all!! I think your brother needs to grow up!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe he was seeing if you would actually give him any to defray any of his costs in taking her with him. Did he make any comment when he didn't get anything given to him.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• how old is your brother ? did you discussed with him to figur out why he behav this way ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You did the right thing!
    nehi81

Answer by nehi81 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sorry!lol wrong choice of words, I guess what I meant is I wouldn't EXPECT him to be responsible for her.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010