What do you think about a woman who obeys her husband?

A woman who submits to her hubby, and will get him drinks, rub his feet, husband always has the final say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• The woman should be submissive to her husband, but the husband has no right to abuse that power.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 9:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• um....hell no! we are a COUPLE, make decisions as a COUPLE and do things as a COUPLE. Meaning we both have the say, we both come to a compromise and agree on something. It's give and take!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 10:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i disagree with its give or take. Now I am submissive but am no doormat, but i am lucky enough to have a husband who takes my thoughts into extreme consideration. But thats how women were created. Times may have changed but the bible has not
    Anonymous

• OP here- yay anon!
    Anonymous

• That's what women are supposed to do. If you look back through the ages, people didn't start getting divorced until women stopped looking after their husbands.
    Anonymous

• obey? we go with the flow and make decisions together. he has no rules for me or me either. there are no set rules. at least not in our marriage. he is the patriarch in our home and if he feels something or wants us to start doing something i will go along with it but when you say obey sounds wrong. i don't wait on him hand and foot. that's slavery not being a wife.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• hmmm. I do alot for my hubby. If he asks me for water, I will get it for him. I will not rub his feet. And at times i tell him Do It Yorself. But hey I am a stay at home mom. I love my husband. I love "waiting" on him, if thats what YOU call it. I call it LOVE for the man who works 10 hours a day, fights for MY country and lets me stay home and he buys me pretty things!
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• you said OBEY, I do not OBEY my husband, he is NOT my father. I will do things for him, I will make sure that he is well taken care of but I will NOT be walked all over, nor will I wait on him hand and foot. He's a big boy he can do that himself. We make decisions together, he doesn't come home and say well today you are going to do this this and this......that is OBEYING
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 10:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• if he asks, thats great because some guys dont.. but if a guy orders me to do something.. OOOH HELL NO! lol i feel it's a woman's job to cook and clean and help raise the children, but i dont think i would let him have the final say.. screw him if he says that i cant do something that i want to do, it sounds like my aunt's husband who is catholic.. thats just kinda wrong.. im sorry, bt it's not about the husband, then the wife and then the children..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am a human being, just like a man. We are all equal. No man on this planet deserves to be treated better than me just because he has a fucking penis dangling between his legs. We decide things together, and we take each others points of view into consideration. I have the last word when it comes to monetary issues because I am actually better with the finances.

My grandmother didn't work her ass off in the seventies for equal rights so I could become a submissive little wife.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 10:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008