HELP! I have a VERY picky eater on my hands!!!

My youngest child is 11 months old...has never been a huge fan of baby food, but I have mangaed to find the few that he doesn't mind eating. But over the last 2 weeks he is even refusing those few, so I started giving him table food. He's soooo picky!!! I am at a loss for what to feed this child...my first child at EVERYTHING you ever tried to put on his plate!!! For my 11 month old, I have tried everything from bananas, dry waffles, toast, mashed potatoes, peas, gerber's toddler entrees, past pick-ups, anything I cook for dinner, quaker oatmeal, grits, you name it!! He likes waffles, grilled cheese, toast, sometimes he'll eat the oatmeal, and a few thingsI cook for dinner. Please help with ideas and please tell me you have picky children!! I am really worried about him not getting the proper nutrition like fruits and veggies.

survivor79

Asked by survivor79 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest is very picky, but he has autism and that plays into with textures and such. My youngest will eat anything, really anything!
    Keep offering a wide variety of foods. Try to include something at each meal/snack that you know he will eat, but do not fix him a different meal - he needs to learn to eat with the family. Have you tried yogurt/cottage cheese? They are fairly nutritious snacks.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• keep offering these foods ( and new ones ) over and over. Studies have shown that it can take as much as 9-12 introductions of a new food for a child to "trust" it enough to eat it. limit or cut out snacks. and limit drinks at the table until the meal is over. I know my youngest tried to drink instead of eat. now that his drink is gone from the table he eats more, we did this starting at about 1 yr old.
    and don't do the "try it you'll like it" bit, that just makes them more determined NOT to eat it
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Keep offering foods..He wil not go hungry/
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010