Help!! I'm 2 months Pregnant and I can't stand the smell of my house!!!!

So about a 5 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant~ I'm having a problem with a smell in the house my husband cant smell it but I can~ Please help me!! I have tried spraying scents in my house but nothing is helping~ I'm afraid that if I cant find the smell we will have to move

JCourtney02

Asked by JCourtney02 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel. I walk into work and about GAG and the guys look at me like I have lost my mind. I am like what you can't smell the smell of death???? Sorry but I have a can of glade clean linen and spray that when I can start to smell the stinkyness. Not fun at all. They tell me I should join the police force and sniff out for drugs and stuff because my nose is so sensitive. The guy I work with had a cup with just a drop of coffee in it and I walked in and took a deep breath and said, "OH my god that coffee smells amazing!" He looks at me like I have lost my mind and says, "This coffee is gone and is like 4 hours old." to me it smelled like he just picked it up. : ) Crazy nose.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sprays only mask the real problem. You may have to decipher where the smell is coming from by cleaning up to find what you think you smell. Being pregnant does that to you.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• lol same thing happened to me! we had candles burning all the time! i never found wat it was but it drove me crazy! we even steam cleaned the carpets but it was still there! we lived in an apartment tho so it could of been anything! if u have the money clean ur carpets and light some candles! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That's a pregnant thing. Hopefully it passes quickly. You can't be serious about moving. It might smell there too! Just try to deal with it. Leave the windows open.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You may not be able to find the smell or do anything abou tit. I would baking soda and vac the rug though anyway.

When I was pregnant I had to carry around one of those Renuzit air freshners (those solid/gel ones) and sniff it whenever the scents were getting to me. Weird, but it got me through those painful months!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 12:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Omg you poor thing!! What does it smell like? If you seriously have to move you must find the smell!! When I was pregnant smells drove me insane. I immediately detested the smell of my husband's cologne, even his natural scent. We lived near neighbors who cooked w/ curry and I would puke walking through my own door. Keep your windows open if you can get plent of fresh air. You have about 4-6 more weeks to deal with these strong hormones. Try and hang in there I know it feels horrible but it shouldn't last too much longer.
    PatricksMama07

Answer by PatricksMama07 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i have the same problem, especially when opening the fridge and I can smelll it all the way from the living room. I can't stand the smell of my family room it's horrible, it will go away tho. I bought baking soda and put vineger everywhere to take the smell away. The only thing i can stand is Lysol or frabreeze, but don't spray too much.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had the same issue with my mom's house. Now I have a problem every time I hear the T-Mobile chime. I smell old, stale, musty nastiness every time I hear it. My sister had that phone while living with my mom and it would go off every five seconds. And I swore I almost puked every time.
    I wish I could tell you it would go away afterwards but my sniffer has never been the same. But I can't smell nasty smells much anymore. Except for my husbands sneezes. That stinks. But I can smell when a pepper is going to be hot or not now. I couldn't do that before.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 12:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• since i got pregnant i have to bathe my dogs every couple days. it sucks! it used to be every other week but now i cant stand the way they smell! its horrible!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thank you so much everyone~We spent last week cleaning the whole house and it didn't help~ I have even had all the windows open~ I also leave in military housing~and after talking to my neighbors they all said that the people that lived hear before had the same problem when the girl was Prego~ I just want the smell to go AWAY!!!!
    JCourtney02

Comment by JCourtney02 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010