I'm having tons of pressure around the pelvic area but they said @ my Dr visit that everything was fine when it seems like it isn't. They have acted like they haven't been concerned from day one. What should I do??

momma2be1

Asked by momma2be1 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can switch doctors at any time during your pregnancy...if you don't feel supported ..change. It may not be the right fit for you.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• First How far along are you?? if your pretty far in ur pregnancy, its really normal to feel LOTS of pressure. Your baby is telling you its gonna be soon (no im not talking hours it could be a week or two). Just let your body do its work, the severe pressure down there is when the baby is bearing down. If you need any advice or questions, u can always add me and email me.
    Brandy
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I had lots of pressure my entre pregancy last time and cramping. I am 6 weeks with my 2nd and having the same thing. You should get a second opinion if you feel soething is wrong. Your intuition is a helpful tool and you should listen to it.
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 2:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You know your body the best and if you feel they are not doing the best they can with your case than see another Dr. Good Luck!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Well it definately sounds like you're not comfortable with your practice you're going to. First off, make an apt. with another practice, find the right fit for you.
    I had a lot of pressure with my son. He was born at 37.5 weeks. It could be how and where the baby is laying. It very well could be nothing, but again, if YOU'RE not comfortable, go get another oppinion!
    Good luck with your new angel!!!!
    stajva

Answer by stajva at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• totally depends how far along you are... if you're like 30 weeks then he/she may be sitting low and a back support will help.. if you're more like 36 weeks then the baby may be dropping already and getting into position.... and like the other woman have said you can change doctors any time you want to. i changed my doc at 34 weeks with my 2nd kid!
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2008