How do I naturally chart when I ovulate?

Mommy_2_Genella

Asked by Mommy_2_Genella at 12:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• There's too much to explain with the limited characters I have, lol, so I will just say that it requires observing your cervical fluid, cervical position and basal body temperature (waking temperature). Check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Your library should have it. It explains EVERYTHING you need to know about it :)

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You need to look at a book or web site and see the charts to get a good idea. You can just take your temp every morning and you may be able to tell. Some women's temps chart nicely and it's easy to tell, some not so much. You can also check you mucous and how your cervix feels and chart those.

Around the time of ovulation you temp drops a little and after ovulation it rises dramatically. When it rises dramatically you know you have ovulated and it's too late to ttc. If you don't ovulate there is little change in temp. 14 days after the temp rise your period starts. If you temp stays high after 14 days and no period then you are pregnant!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks so much :)
    Mommy_2_Genella

Comment by Mommy_2_Genella (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe this can help you out Ovulation Calculator  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• fertilityfriend.com has great tools
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• great online resources you can find!!! i think thebump.com has something you can look at
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Taking Charge of Your Fertility it the BEST book for this! It is AWESOME!!! Even though we were not able to conceive naturally, when I did have to go through all the fertility tests and IVF, I understood everything better because of the book.
    JessieAtHome

Answer by JessieAtHome at 8:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I've seen all the sites and love this one Webwomb.com!! Been using it for years... but as birth control not to conceice lol!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010