Want another baby but am terrified of going through labor again...

My water broke with DS, so the hosp. gave me pitocin to speed things along due to bacteria and increased risk of infection... So my labor was 16 hours from beginning to end. The Hosp. would NOT give me an epidural! I begged for one and they kept telling me 'Youre doing great you don't need one" I did need one. I have ZERO pain tolerance. Then they finally said they would give me one "in 15 minutes" 15 minutes later "yeah we'll give you one in 15 minutes" another 15 minutes still no epidural. They finally gave me an Epidural at 8 cm 20 minutes later I pushed out my son in 3 pushes! THEN as if that wasnt bad enough they told me to stand up an hour after I had DS and I fell cause my legs were numb still. I fell into the contraction monitor and scratched my back all up and busted open all 62 stitches it took to fix my tear. There was blood EVERYWHERE and it freaked me out. Even my back was bleeding. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow.that hosrital sucks! most hospitals give you your epidural when you ask! i would go somewhere else!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well i would go to another hospital. Sounds like, in my opinion, they were careless. Every preg and labor is different then other one. I have 3 kids and all we so different from each other.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe you might want to go to another hospital if you decide to have another baby. My doctor and I discussed what medication I'd be given. And while I have heard of moms made to stand after birth the nurses stayed right with them. You may want to file a complaint.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yeah go somewhere else. most hospitals are not like that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I full agree with L.A.F.outloud...and i would certainly make sure that you had witnesses that can speak for you as well..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 12:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• 62 stitches? holy cow. That doesnt sound like a normal birth experience. I would find a new hospital.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would find a new hospital. i had a great delivery but no desire to experience childbirth again.:)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Definitely go to another hospital...maybe find a midwife or doula (labor coach) who would come and give you moral support and mediate for you with the doctors and nurses...or a strong-willed outspoken friend could do the trick too! I know it's hard to stand up for what you want especially when people are telling you no, so sometimes you have to bring in reinforcements that know what you want before you get in there!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010