Do you strike up conversations with strangers in the check out line?

Sometimes I do. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like I ask them to join me for lunch or give them my phone number. My oldest daughter gets so embarrassed when she's with me.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 12:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh yeah. lol all the time. No need standing around staring at the floor you know. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I personally do. I notice alot in our current society that many people have very little idea how to hold normal conversations now a days. I blame this on our "National Addiction to ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT" We tend to spend all our time attached to machines... work, play and everything in between. I personally think this is the main reason why familys are suffering. People don't even know how to have meaningful conversations... SO I personally say keep it up.. you may be helping the world or atleast your section of the world learn how to detatch from the mechanical babysitters they have bonded with.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't. I'm socially anxious, I don't like talking to strangers, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't start it.. if they talk to me, I'll talk back.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Depends on my mood, but I do it quite a bit.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yes sometimes i start. you feel the vibe of interest on the other
    MSlmc

Answer by MSlmc at 12:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yep - I am a talker! LOL!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sure! I seldom get out of the house! It's one of the few times I can actually speak to, or joke around with, another adult in person. I'll usually make a comment about something they're buying, or compliment them about something, and that will get the conversation going. There's alot of nice people out there!
    ahhmericanwoman

Answer by ahhmericanwoman at 12:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sometimes. My little sister talks to EVERYONE and doesn't know how to edit her thoughts so that is embarrassing!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I live in Tucson and Sat I stopped at a Mexican grocery to pick up ice cream for my grandson's birthday. I had 3 items. The line is huge but I don't want to drive anywhere else. There is this White woman behind me that has 1 thing. The people in front of us have cart fulls and bunches of kids. She starts talking to me very loudly about how all the Mexicans should be rounded up and taken back to Mexico. They are all getting food stamps and White people can't even afford to eat. They can buy all kinds of junk with thier food stamps. She was homeless and disabled. (I'm disabled and on SSI you can only get $10 food stamps max a month). She is getting louder and louder. This is in a Mexican grocery. I was so glad to get out of there.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010