What would you have done

knowing what bush knew then would you have gone to war? Would you have waited for more intel?
I personally would have waited for more substantiated evidence. I think he jumped the gun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• What's that saying?? hindsight is 20/20......
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Hell yeah he jumped the gun. I'm not saying we should have sat back and did nothing, but he got us stuck there for how long? And now we're just rebuilding thier country, for what? We have our own problems. That's just my opinion. God bless the troops and their families. Both parties are so brave!!

proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I can't say I agree with Bush on some of the decisions hes made but its easy for us to say now that we would have waited. But at the time the evidence he had may have seemed certain its too hard too tell.
    Anonymous

• I would have gone to war in afganistan. hell yeah. and no i don't like bush. but I would have gone to war with afganistan before that. The difference is. I would have stayed there. I would have made sure that binladen got caught. I would not have used the 911 tragedy to jump ship and go to iraq to fight an oil war. just my opinion. In all honestly the minute I stood at the world trade center and watch teh second building fall I wanted to go to war with who ever was responsible. In this case alqueda. Afganistan.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I remember exactly what I thought at the time. I didnt like it thought it was stupid. I actually wanted to put a peace on my car but my husband wouldnt let me b/c we were military.
    Anonymous

• You can't really go back and revisit something like that. When national security is at stake you err on the side of caution. Wouldn't it have sucked if we didn't go in Saddam had the weapons and got a nuclear bomb off in NYC??? Even is he planted dirty bombs that would really screw us up. No, I think he did the right thing.
    smartiemouth

Answer by smartiemouth at 10:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think we should have taken care of Saddam the first time around. We knew he would continue to be a problem after the first Gulf War. Had we finished what we started then we wouldn't have had to worry about whether or not the evidence was sufficient this time (which I don't think was).
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 10:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Okay I am sorry here but, I just think that if we are going to go in and war with someone we need to get as many decent families out that want out and then just bomb the crap out of them. No sense in getting so many of our good men killed just to help them rebuild there country to come after us later. Yes, NO? Hello, all of the ones that hatted us before now despise us worse and all our gov can think of is fixing back there country. I got news for all of them. WE NEED ALL THAT HELP HERE AND NOW.
    Cont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My family is less that 50,000 a year with 5ppl. And we can't get any type of help. We can't even get reduced lunches at school because we are $20.00 over the income so we have to pay out over 100.00 a month just for school lunch. We barely make it month to month, but NO lets go spend trillions of dollars to make someone elses country all wonderful why ours faces so many forclosures and homless and everything else. What about this doesn't make any type of sense????
    Anonymous

• He should have taken out Saddam , and left. now we are stuck in a sink hole that is eating up our resources, money and troops. how many more people have to die so that bush pretends he has not f*&%$# this up?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2008