what is more important? Making the right dision for your kid or making them happy!

Which is more important! Keeping your kid happy or making the right choice for them and supporting them!

babyboomer1977

Asked by babyboomer1977 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Both. But Supporting your child is more imporant. They need to learn to make their own choices & then deal with what happens after those choices are made. I think thats why we have so many crappy people in the world, they were never taught to think for themselves.

Now if they are young, then you have to do whats best for them.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My opinion both are important....but if the right decision makes them mad then they can get over it....lol...And you should always suport your children! =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• happiness is not always what is best! i always make the decision that is best for them regaurdless of whether or not they are happy about it! i wouldnt let them skip on their homework because it makes them happier to play outside!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Making the right choice for them and supporting them!
    As hard as it is to see our kids upset, every child is at some time going to be upset. I would rather make the right decision for my child and have him upset for a little bit, but still get the message of why I made the decision I did. Than I had to reinforce a bad decision by going along with it simply to not see him upset.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I believe that both are very important. Although many would disagree to my methods, I stand strongly by it. I believe that whether my Daughter is only an elementary student or not, we need to compromise with our Children and meet in the middle. By doing this, I believe that our Children will come to trust us more as Parents and will feel confident in asking for our advices.
    MrsArellano

Answer by MrsArellano at 1:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Making the right decision. I could careless if they are happy or not! LOL!!! In certain situations, I believe in weighing it all but in the end, I have the final vote...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010