What do you think about the fact that the Duggars are openly trying for baby number 20?

http://www.momlogic.com/2010/09/duggars_-_nineteen_and_counting.php

Are they proof the prayer makes pitiful birth control?
Isn't it irresponsible to put Mom and (potential) Baby's lives at risk like this?
Is this "Quiverful Movement" another example of bad bible translation?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• She won't stop until someone dies, either her or a baby. It's unfortunately self-centered. She's already gone through a half dozen doctors who refuse to treat her and encourage her behavior because it's medically dangerous. They constantly throw around this idea about how in "the olden days" lots of kids were common. They overlook the fact that those families were usually the result of the father remarrying 3 or 4 times after the previous wife died. He'd have 4 or 5 kids with 3 or 4 women, not 18 kids with one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think they're a family of freaks, religious fanatics, publicity hounds, and who knows what else. Perhaps if we all ignored them and they weren't making any income from their stupid show, they'd stop reproducing and go away.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i think if it doesn't affect me or you, we shouldn't care about how people make family decisions.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• 2 two parents could not give adequate time, attention and guidance to 19+ children. There are only 24 hours in each day- subtract 8 for sleep and you're down to 16 hours. In 16 hours you have to work, clean, cook, instruct, grocery shop, do laundry, groom, yard work- there is not enough time. The older kids should not be parenting their siblings. 2 selfish people, JB and Michelle Duggar.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I personally think they are disgusting. I hate the show and have never watched it, but when I see them on a commercial I want to gag. It is a baby not a number. HELLO.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I do think its irresponsible to keep having children at that age. The risks of health problems increase, and from what happened with her last pregnancy, I'm not sure its responsible of her to try again. I get that God wants us to multiply, but seriously...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I suppose all these people saying there's no harm, when she finally does get around to killing a baby, will say that was just God's will and not her fault at all?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• . What ever happened to "pro-choice"? Is that only good if you want to kill babies not make them?

Pro-choice doesn't mean we have to agree with the decision. Only that we agree it's the other person's decision to make and not our own. However we are free to comment on what our choice would be in the same situation.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• But if she gets pregnant and the baby dies for whatever natural reason, then how is that her fault?

When 6 different doctors tell you "stop having kids, it's endangering your life and theirs" and you keep having them anyway. If one dies, it's your fault.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010