Which is better mannul ,electric or battery breast pump ?

My daughter is going to breastfeed and i would like to know which is best..She is due Dec. 25th this is our first grandchild.

MTM

Asked by MTM at 12:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it depend on how often you're going to pump. If you are going to be working outside the home after maternity leave, then I would probably go for the best electric pump I could find. I, however, am a stay at home mom and I have a manual pump that I've used a handful of times and has worked great for me the few times I've used it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Baby. MOST people can maybe only get an ounce out if they try to pump. Baby gets out way more.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I used a manual and it was fine. I only used it a few times.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I loved the big chunky dunky electric pumps! They are huge, but amazing! I've not used a battery pump before, and I simply hated the manual.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had an electric. At first I got out maybe 5oz a boobie. Then it got down to maybe an oz or two a boobie. It was a good pump though! I say Electric
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Upon reading your answers ladies anyone would be best.. Thanks a bunch..
    MTM

Comment by MTM (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It definitely depends on how often the pump will be used. If it's only once a day, I'd say go with the manual or battery powered one. If it's going to be more often, go with the double electric pump, hospital grade, if possible. I disagree with the first mama, you can get a lot more out of pumping than just 1 ounce. My son would not breastfeed and I had to pump for every little bit of breast milk he got, and it was a good thing that I got out more than 1 ounce at a time. Breastfeeding is definitely the most efficient way to get out the breast milk, but it's certainly not the only way to get a good supply.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If you have to use a pump the Medela Pump in Style is Awesome! I love mine! I only used it when I absolutely had to because your body needs the baby to keep the milk flowing. It was definitely worth the $ though!
    mbeckner777

Answer by mbeckner777 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010