What kinds of things do you NOT allow your children to do?

In my family... My son, husband and I. We don't celebrate christmas with Santa.(We still give gifts, have a tree and decorate.. Just don't do santa.) We also don't do EASTER BUNNIES, TOOTH FAIRY'S. We like with christmas still celebrate.. we just don't include the "themed main charicters.." I honestly would like to know things you other mothers do or don't do...

**NO BASHING OTHERS** THANKS**

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We're like you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My only 'don'ts' are safety related. The don't visit friends homes. They don't get to walk anywhere alone or play out front alone. They don't get to watch things that will give them horrid nightmares.

They DO get to believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Heck, I think I still believe in Santa.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We do all those.

He is not allowed to smoke or drink or watch porn or have sex. Other than that, it depends. We discuss and deal and decide.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we don't do soda (i do, but they don't =P ) or daycare. i don't trust anyone with my kids except for one set of grandparents.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We don't do Santa or the Tooth Fairy or anything like that, but we don't NOT LET them do it either. When I was growing up and Santa was on we had to leave the room... We don't go that far. We just explain to them that they are just pretend characters like Scooby or the Smurfs and they aren't real. So they are still exposed to them, but they we don't tell them they are real either.

But my kids get double the holidays from most kids because we have an inter-religious household, so I don't see them really missing out on much just because we don't lie to them about stuff like Santa...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Other than that, they aren't allowed to play with the stove... You know, the normal "Don't lick the outlet" kind of stuff that keeps them safe... Beyond that, I don't see a big deal in just about anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Mine are all safety and wellbeing too. I see no harm in Santa, it's fun. My no's are hitting, hurting others, and no manners.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We do all the themes & characters to the max!! I love Holidays. We even started singing Christmass songs before bed time. My Mom really went all out for them all and I have great memories from my childhood so I want to do the same for my son. I pretty much allow my Son to do everything except anything overly dangerous. I am always with him since he's 3. So I can't really think of anything right now that I won't allow other than bad manners and acting out but sometimes you can't avoid the terrible 2's, 3's, 4's etc.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No pop/soda unless special occasion, no adult tv. Then the usual safety stuff, no outside alone, no in the pool without an adult present. No bikes in the street etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't do Santa, Jesus, or the Easter Bunny. We do the tooth fairy, but I'm not really sure why. Um, what else? We don't allow the kids to have soda or artificial sweeteners, ever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010