what do you do about the exhusband who won't make his payment on the bill that still has your name on it.

He has a vehicle that is still in both of our names and he is deliquent in making the payments. The car company is sending me notices to pay on a vehicle I don't even have.

msmalls

Asked by msmalls at 1:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Time to call your attorney
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• you have sue him. make sure you have proof that he is the one supposed to be paying the bill though. your credit though cannot be fixed unless you yourself make the payments.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 2:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I would call the attourney..I had the judge in our divorce decree put that my ex is responsible for any monies owed on the car and I will not be held liable for any of it. BUT! He had it repoed and auctioned off...but it remains on my credit as derogatory and I cannot do anything about it. I am soooo frustrated about it and cannot do anything.
    Anonymous

• you may have to start paying it and making him pay you. just becuase the divorce papers sya he has to pay it, doesn't mean you aren't responsible. you signed the papers when you bought it. my aunt went through the very same thing. that's what the lawyer todl her.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2008