What do you think the BEST THING YOU HAVE DONE AS A PARENT?

THIS IS SERIOUSLY A CHANCE YOU CAN PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK.. Please share the best things you have done.. and learned as a parent!

I WANT THIS TO STAY POSITIVE.. NO MEAN NASTY CUTTING COMMENTS. THANKS!

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have three grown girls, who now are moms themselves.

First and foremost - respect and manners, then boundaries. My gals are in their thirty's and still are 'ladies' and I am so happy that they have passed these three down to their little ones. My eldest grandson is 13 and when we are out together, he receives so many compliments for his manners and when he helps (like keep the door open, pick something up that someone dropped, using the word 'yes' instead of 'yeah' and so on ..)

The other best thing i've done --- learned from my mistakes with them.
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Raising two compassionate adult men
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• For my children it's introducing learning from the start. I have been singing "ABC's" to them since they day they were born. I count with them and encourage them to read. I think the earlier you start encouraging learning the better off they'll be when they have to make that choice themselves. I think the hardest part for a parent is encouraging a child to continue learning. Especially after they get into school and the routine kind of drags them down. By instilling the fun aspect of learning and the different ways to make it entertaining you're giving your child the power to want to know more. That's really important to me.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• educating my self on the issues that impact and effect their development.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My daughter is only 13 months old, so we haven't had any major issues to really deal with, yet. But so far the best thing I've done is exclusively breastfeed for the first 7 months until we started solids and we are still nursing and plan on continuing until she is around 2 years old. She hasn't had one drop of formula.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Making the right choices for my little boy of course! It's not always easy but I definitely feel good about it.
    mbeckner777

Answer by mbeckner777 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Being a parent. : )
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Being a parent more so then a friend.. We have two amazing daughters. Our 18 year old daughter is a sophmore in college, and our 20 year old daughter is a senior in college.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Honestly? Putting my son in preschool. He come out of his shell. It was painful to watch how shy he was and how he was in groups. Preschool seem to help him build self-confidence, reduces his shyness, and he made friends.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Gave birth!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010