PTO

DO DADS USUALLY GO TO PTO METTINGS WITH MOM?

bell3

Asked by bell3 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in

• why not? But dunno??lol
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If at all possible!! PTO/A's would love to have both parents involvement. A lot of times dads stay home and watch the kids so mom can attend unencumbered, but dads are always welcome.....generally grandparents are welcome as well!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, they can attend. It is called PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION for that reason. To involve BOTH parents. Although I must say, mostly Moms attend. For whatever reason Dads attending the meetings are far and in between. Maybe Dad's think Moms can pass on the word?

Dads will get involved and help with PTO work. I find if we ask them, most will help out.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, sure do.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not sure. But maybe he s hould.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My dh goes when he can. I don't see why he shouldn't. I think being active in dd's schooling is important on the part of both parents if it is at all possible.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I just recently went to my first and there was a guy there that wasn't a school employee, I also found out that some of the women sign their husbands up (even if they don't go to meetings) mostly because they have a contest to see which child can get more people signed up because you don't have to actually have a child going to that school to be a member. I guess the big thing is that they want people to help out!! I hope that mine will attend a meeting or volunteer when he has the time.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 6:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't hear and don't like to miss anything important so if I go, usually he goes with me
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I see plenty of dads involved in the PTO.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• In our schools, you usually see the moms alone at the PTO meetings. The dads usually show up for the class trips though. Hmm........
    Ineedmyfix

Answer by Ineedmyfix at 11:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010