halloween.....

If you celebrate halloween do you buy the costume or make one
What are you (DH/SO, if you have one) and the kids going to be?

justgrape723

Asked by justgrape723 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• DD 2 1/2 will be Cinderella
    DS 6 can't decide...He has til Friday to pick or he is being a Police officer because it's the costume I like. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I make mine.I am going as a hobo. My son is going as a woman and my two daughters are goin as men. They want me to tell them if its different having two boys and a girl instead of two girls and a boy
    dcreativelady

Answer by dcreativelady at 1:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we usually make one. it costs about the same and is more fun than just buying one. we arent dressing up this year though, baby is due around then.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I buy my kids'....if I were to make it it'd probably be a sheet w/arm & eye cutouts LOL. My oldest (who will be 4 by Halloween is going as a witch & my baby (who will be 6 months then) is going as Piglet.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We buy them. I'm no good at crafts and such... I think the boys want to be Knights (one black one white of course). My DH won't dress up - he said he'll go as Dad... I am thinking of being a gypsy, but I don't know yet I'll have to wait til the week before to make sure the costume fits the belly...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My daughter wants to be Ariel for Halloween. I found her costume at Party City for about $40. Now I just have to get the money to buy it.
    KMorris7159

Answer by KMorris7159 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My Dh passes out the candy while I take our grandson out... I normally don't dress ....and Dh may wear his
    Gene Simmons mask and wig again.....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• DH's aunt always made costumes for her nieces and nephews every year. He said she could make them for our LO but I don't think we have time now (her costumes are very detailed and good). So I'll just buy for DD this year. She's gonna be a dinosaur. I'm a little bigger than usual (pregnant) so I can't fit in the costume I always wear but I don't wanna spend on a costume I'll only fit in once. So I'm skipping this year to save money. DH is too. The whole family will dress up next year when we aren't so broke and busy.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• SabrinaMBowen My DH doesn't like to dress up either. One year I took his jeans and safety pinned a bunch of smartie candies to them. He went as a ''smartie pants'' lol that about as dressed up as he gets
    justgrape723

Comment by justgrape723 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't celebrate Demonic Holidays. sorry.. Neither does my son. I buy him candy.. but other than that.. We stay home, have donuts and cider and play games!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010