Gift ideas for a 7 month old girl and a 21 month old boy

I am stuck on my niece and nephew for Christmas. They have huge families on both sides, so I really don't want to get them much because I am concerned my SIL won't have room for too much by the time it is all said and done. So I guess what I want is something small that is still worth it. I want them to get good fun gifts, but I don't want to overload my SIL with too much. Any suggestions?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Shopping

• Does the 21 month old like Thomas the Train? My son was in LOVE with Thomas. You can buy the small wooden train cars - get him one he doesn't have, if he likes them. The 7 month old - maybe an outfit? The child is too young to care. Heck, Mom and Dad might appreciate a pack of diapers. Something practical. Another great stand by is some good books -- the heavy cardboard books -- good for that 21 month old age. Durable so the baby can't tear them up. TJ Maxx around us has a decent selection of kids books and usually a surprisingly good selection of kids toys.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 7 month old GLOW WORM :)

21 month old......Any thing CARS related :)
    Anonymous

• Oh anyhitng Baby einstiens for the 7 month old

21 month old...puzzles
    Anonymous

• Discovery Toys has great items for those ages. The Rainfall Rattle, or even the Super Yummy Teether are perfect for 7 months. Both are under $10. Hammer Away is a top seller for about 19 months and over (about $27). A smaller item, that's another top seller, is the Measure Up Cups (about $11). 12 stacking cups have animals on the bottom for play-dough, scalloped edges to keep them from suctioning in the bathtub, and are volumetrically correct so that they can use them for math as they get older (1 cup + 2 cup = 3 cup).
    You can see them and more at by site.
    www.discoverytoyslink.com/LParker
    DTLona

Answer by DTLona at 11:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Check out BabyCrazy. They have great gift ideas for very young children
    http://www.IamBabyCrazy.com/HannahsNanna
    HannahsNanna

Answer by HannahsNanna at 3:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2008