How do you treat a fire ant bite?

If you get a bite do you put anything on it to ease the irritation?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• I'm highly allergic to them.........BENADRYL cream was best for me. It saved my life...I had had a red streak going up my arm from the wrist area where it bit me..... and I slathered Benadryl cream all over my left arm..........a doctor told me if I had not done so, it ( the poison ) would have entered into my heart I could have died once it was near my heart.

Another thing that helps is ANY astringent...like clearasil for your face....it helps take out the sting.........or Camphophenic.....that helps take the sting out and itch. Also any anti-itch stuff may help too.

Good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think there is a remedy but I haven't lived down southin so long I can't remember I knwo my Mom would soak what ever got bit in ice water. You may want to google for an answer sorry I can't help
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Splash the area with Sol-U-Mel to help with the pain - its a natural product.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010