did you try to treat/prevent stretch marks during pregnancy...

or just accept them as part of the deal?
If you did put something on them, what did you use?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's funny how when you tell people you got bad stretch marks their first reaction is "oh, didn't you put lotion on everyday?" YES. I put it on everyday while I was pregant. I used the cocoa butter stretch mark cream specifically aimed at preventing them. But 30 weeks rolled around and BAM! They appeared out of nowhere and now I look like a Freddy Krueger nightmare. I has been a year and I still have them. They've lightened up a bit, but still wouldn't show anyone my stomach, not even my mom or sisters. I tried using the Bio-Oil afterwards for several months, but nothing helped. I think it is pre-determined if you will get them or not. Nothing on the market that stops it except not getting pregnant.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I used cocoa butter to calm the itching but i already knew that nothing will prevent stretch marks. Luckily I didn't get any.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I used Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Stretch Mark Cream every day after my shower/bath. It worked well for me.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I just figured they were apart of the deal. I do use lotion alot but really nothing specific. My mother has stretch marks and they say that if your mother does then you will get them so we will see!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• the strech mark cream from avon. i really believe they lightened them up!
    extremecheer

Answer by extremecheer at 1:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Never attempted to stop them... I just figured they were a part of the deal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I used cocoa butter, which is what the ob-gyn recommended, with both pregnancies and you know what? It didn't do a bit of good.
    Ciela372

Answer by Ciela372 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i tried to prevent them on my stomach and it did work but i didn't try to protect anywhere else and ended up with them on my inner thighs. it's ok though cause only my fiance sees that part of my body and his stretch marks are worse tan any womans i've ever seen, they're on his arms from lifting weights
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Never attempted to stop them, but that is mostly because my husband said he'll get me whatever stretch mark cream I wanted when I got to my ideal size...
    kurai87

Answer by kurai87 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i used cream every day twice a day and one day i woke up and there was a huge patch that just got bigger, and my whole stomach is now covered ( w my first) and my pubic area and my thigh calfs every where it was awful, now w my second i have no new marks and my old ones arent red yet at 33 wks my mom got them bad but my sister didnt get one, i gained 55 w my last and 30 so far so maybe thats why i got them at 5 mos pregnant
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010