Feeling kind of blah...

My SO is a very hard working man... he runs 400 cow calf pairs by himself and its a huge responsibility! and I know he stresses and worries... He is not the father of my child, but he treats him like his own. I know he loves me and I know he loves my son, and I know this is his busy time of year..I'm a SAHM, I ride horses for people a couple times a week, but otherwise I'm home...I try to help my SO out as much as I can, but he doesn't always accept my help, he thinks he can do it all by himself, so I don't see him much...I swear in the last week and a half, I've seen him maybe a couple hours, besides sleeping...I miss him, I've tried telling him that, and he always says it won't be so busy in a week or so and he doesn't understand that I'm lonely....Sure I have my 2 yr old with me at all times, but its not the same, I need adult conversation too...I'm not sure what to do, and mood is kind of blah...

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to just talk to him next time you see him and tell him you want more time with him...If he misses you to he will jump at the chance to spend time with you.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My husband just came home from a 8 month deployment, and I learned to get out of the house. Sitting around waiting on him didin't help anything. Get on here and talk to people, or find a play group in your area. Find a way to meet new friends.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Can you make a "contract" with him to have a couple's night once a week? Or at least every two weeks? Tell him you are lonely, you'd like to help him out because it gives you time with him even if working on something, and you need the adult conversation. Let him know you want to have a real partnership with him. Just ideas...........Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I use to have this issue with my husband..but I knew he was out working, taking care of the household's overhead. I knew that it wouldn't be forever with him gone all the time so I occupied myself with a hobby until we saved up enough money to live comfortable. Sometimes relationships have to take a sacrafice to get to the next level...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Im in the same situation as you. My DF is in the Marine Corp. I am joining moms groups and and going to play dates all the time. I get the adult interactiona and my son gets to play with other kids
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i think your being a bit selfish. i mean is it so hard to just bite bullet during his busy time. he is doing this for you guys & it's his job. other then him finding another job i don't see but change in him but you could get out more & not nag him about you being lonely when he is working & stressed enough as it is. us women tend to think of ourselves never seeing the full spectrum of what our men do for us. it's societies fault. you telling him your lonely will only put more weight & stress on him when you should help lessen it. also it will say to him that you don't appreciate what he does & how much hard he works to provide for you. i wonder if in fact you do appreciate what he is doing. i'm sure the baby misses him to but they adjust better then we do. just don't bring it up. we all have to make sacrifices and he is doing just that. i'm sure he'd rather be home with you guys rather then working hard. hope i wasn't harsh
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I do appreciate EVERYTHING that he does...he is a GREAT man and a GREAT dad...I wish I could help him more! and I ALWAYS have something ready for him to eat when he does come in for a few minutes...but his busy season runs ALL year long! its a 24/7 hour job, and I wish I could have 30 minutes a night with him...
    BradensMom1026

Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010