how long does it usually take for someone to get their orders for their spouse to move some where with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Travel

• to get the orders, not long at all. if you're wanting to move into base/post housing...that could take a while, depending on when the next available house is.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i should say, my dh got orders, we moved with him. it was our first transfer as a family, so we moved up there with him right away. we stayed in army lodging for about a week and a half or so, and got a house, but we bugged housing to the point they got tired of us and put us at the top of the list lol. i don't think they allow that anymore though, i've known some people afterwards that tried that and they just sent them on their way...but worth a try if that's what you're doing.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• well my husband said there are ppl leaving germany so hopefully we will be able to get one soon?

wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• oh out of the country? i've no expertise in that area. i do have a friend, her husband got orders to Italy (and yes, you do detect a hint of jealousy here lol) and she left about a week after he did, she could have left the day he did, but she had things she wanted to get done first before heading over there. i'm not sure if they live on base or not though...i don't remember, i'd have to ask her. sorry i'm no help there, hope someone is. GL in Germany!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• hmm, I don't know... I mean when my husband gets orders its always given the authority to move the whole household... but we've always been stateside so that might be the difference. I don't understand if he's authorized an accompanied tour why you couldn't move with him... if it was Korea or someplace that isn't always accompanied then I could understand that...
    anyway, hope it all works out for you soon
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My husband's first duty station was Germany and we got married right after he had already received his orders. It took me a month and a half to be able to come over. However, my husband was very persistent about it. It took one of my friends nearly 6 months because of her pregnancy and because he husband got deployed as soon as he got to his unit. Another soldier bought his wife a ticket and she flew over without "permission" but the army quickly got her paperwork together and her husband was given a good scolding for doing what he did.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• first there's the overseas screening (everyone going has to have it done)~ once that is done the receiving command issues family entry approval (FEA) - Each person needs to be listed on the FEA
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 2:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2010