how do you keep your craft supplies organized?

my husband is ready to kill me...lol

I've outgrown my little cart and I'm ready to make myself a craft room. What has worked the best for you? I've seen people use jars, shoe organizers, etc...

Thanks!

babylotus

Asked by babylotus at 2:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My husband and I use shoe boxes, strange/interesting coffee mugs, and candle holders...
    kurai87

Answer by kurai87 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• depending on the craft and the amount of space needed, i've used clear boxes/canning jars, stackable office supply trays, and large clear totes (which can also be stacked). i don't have a 'room', so everything is either in a hall closet, or out in the carport shed. everything is labeled, as some are 'seasonal' projects/materials. i can re-label containers as needed (or 'interest' wanes. lol.)

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i don't...i am so unorganized...i need ideas!!! lol I can't wait to make a scrap room....i have so much stuff right now...
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I make cards and it seems my supplies endless. Something my niece made me that is very handy is a turntable like the Rubbermaid ones and glued different sized empty food cans on it that she covered with beautiful papers that match my craft area. I am able to store gel pens, paint brushes, brads, grommets, buttons,and many other different size things in it and move it from one place to another easily.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 10:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• you can buy a tool book & decorate it & put all you craft supplies in there or just like you say make a craft room put it all inthere
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have a lot of stackable plastic drawers and then of course various sorting things. So I have divided boxes for my various beads, sequins, jewelry findings and clasps, embroidery floss, etc... I tend to sort them by color in the divider boxes and by size. I have plastic boxes like pencil cases holding brushes and sponges which then sit inside my paint accesories drawer. I have some larger drawers that I keep fabrics in for sewing. I have smaller drawers for scissors, paper, glues, stickers, etc... so I generally have things sorted into certain groups and then I have a macro sorting type thing with micro sorting inside. So I have a few drawers that are for painting (group), then there's paint's and tools (macro sorting), inside the tool's drawer I have a plastic case for paintbrushes, sponges, and one for other miscellaneous tools(all micro sorting), I also put pallets in there. I do have some things in jars or baggies.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 10:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010