Stupid question but.......when you go into labor does it feel like braxton-hicks that just don't go away??

With my first my water broke and then I was induced so I really don't know what it feels like to go into labor naturally. I had Braxton-Hicks horribly the other day so I'm wondering if that's kind of like the feeling of real labor but they just keep coming and get closer as time goes on?? I had really bad cramps, like when I'm about to start. That's how they felt to me.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Here is a nice chart from Web MD. If you go to google and type in Braxtin Hicks vs true labor you can find more info

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/true-false-labor

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Braxton Hicks can be painful too. They seem to hurt more and more. I have had four kids and I didn't go in until they hurt bad enough that I couldn't talk.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• it's different for everyone. my braxton hick were in my lower back and they hurt but when they became real contractions they didn't hurt at all, not even a little bit, and then a half hour before birth the contractions moved into my butt and those were unbearable but that didn't last long, it was only a half hour and a minute of that was the 5 pushes and she was out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• gail those charts mean nothing cause all labor is different. my contractions NEVER got regular, there was never a pattern but it was real labor and they also told me to wait til my contractions were so strong i couldn't walk or talk. if i waited til then i would have given birth in the car
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Never had Braxton-Hicks. Mine were bad cramps in my lower back that kept coming and going and getting worse with each one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• its cramps and tightness , and it gets stronger w time, i felt like i had a bad case of food poisoning lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010