15 Weeks | Teething?

I was told babies can teeth at any age between birth and their 1st year however, is this too soon? She is grabbing things now and they go straight to her mouth, her bib, her toys, my finger, her fingers. The most severe is in the evenings after her bath. Is she too young to be teething. She is drooling more than usual.

MamaMae08

Asked by MamaMae08 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is most definitely NOT too young. There is nothing wrong with her. My son is 9 weeks and has 5 teeth already coming out of him gums. I get Hylands homeopathic teething tablets. You can get them at your local supermarket. They dissolve safely in baby's mouth without water and my son loves the taste of them. Also if her mouth is too small for a teething ring ( or like my son she can't quite grip it yet ) then I take a wet rag and freeze for a few min til its kinda icy and cold and wrap it around my finger and let him chew on it.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My pedi told me my oldest DH wasn't teething at 3 mo but within 3 weeks she had 2 teeth. Most children get teeth around 5-6 mo but some get them much earlier so no 15 weeks is not too early. Watch for irritated gums and her to start grinding on whatever she puts into her mouth.
    kwardrip

Answer by kwardrip at 11:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• babies can be born w teeth..so no she's not too young..if you're worried thats whats it, get hylands teething tablets. and give her baby tylenol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter is 4 months old and she just got her 1st tooth so no its not to soon. I did hear though that the later that teeth come in the healthier they are but i dont know for sure
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thank you so much for your answers and advise! I thought I was nuts! Very grateful!
    MamaMae08

Answer by MamaMae08 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008