DH and I started TTC baby #3 2 days before my period this month when can I take a test if I got pregnant.

We started trying 2 days before my period and started my period, but my belly has been hurting and I am neauseas do I have to wait until I skip my next period or can I take a test? Can you get pregnant 2 days before a period is do? Will you still have that period. I am really hoping someone understands this question I am having a hardtime putting it to were you can understand lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to wait till you miss your next period.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It is highly unlikely you'd get pregnant 2 days before your period is due. You only get pregnant around the time you ovulate, which normally occurs at least 2 weeks before your period is due.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You ovulate 14 days before your period. You have to have sex before or around the time you ovulate to get pregnant. You don't get pregnant 2 days before your period. When you have your period the lining of the uterus is shed. You can't be pregnant because the egg is flushed out with the period blood.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you usually ovulate between 9-14 days from the first day of your last period. so count the day you started as day 1 and count from there... try to have sex at least every other day in that range of days (and maybe a day or two before and after).
    That will be the time that you are most likely fertile.

2 days before your period starts is already too late for that cycle.
    After you have sex on your "fertile window" then wait another 2 weeks to test and see if you are pregnant.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If it was light spotting, unlike your normal period then you might be pregnant and can try testing. If you started your period, you are not pregnant. Try again after your period.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You CAN test. If you egg hadn't dropped yet then it is possible to conceive.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 2:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Highly unlikly :(
    ttfntigger13

Answer by ttfntigger13 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LOL I'm kind of in the same boat. We had sex then my period started in like 2 days, but its been kind of a funky period. Not nearly as heavy as normal and I've had no cramps (usually I get bad cramps for at least 2 or 3 days) and its been kind of thinned out. Also my nipples are suddenly really sore. So I have no idea what's going on, I think I will wait a week and take a test just to see. Good luck to you!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You can test but as other have said it's unlikely. Wish you luck though.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010