Do you see a difference in the way your SO treats step kids/bio kids?

Do you notice any differences in the way your SO treats his kids from a previous relationship in comparison to your children together or your kids from a previous relationship??

What about the way the older kids treat the younger ones? Specifically when the older is your step kid.

My SS is 10. My son(with my husband) is 4. My SS is constantly picking on him and isnt very nice most of the time. My husband of course only sees when our son(4 yr old) says something mean...Like "i hate you" or "go back with your mom"(he moved in with us a year ago).

I am really tired of the difference between them. The way my SS treats my son and the way my husband treats them differently. My SS expects to not have any more responsibility than my 4 year old. And my son is way ahead of the game. He is exceptionally smart and has a lot more responsiblity than MOST 4 year olds.

I mean my SS complained because he had one more chore to do.

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband is my 2 kids stepdad. and we have 1 child together. yes to both questions. I have told my kids there is no step in brothers or sisters and no stepkids. who came up with that word for kids anyway. I am not sure if they have little fights cuz of age.. My 2 kids frm first marg they are 23 girl, and 19 boy, my other 1 with hubby now is 10 and a boy. its little things they fight about. Now hubby he is the 1 that says things about my kids. they still live with my and they can until I die. I have always said that. he wants them out he says they are old enough to be on there own. he gets after them if thy leave a dish in the sink, he gets after them about alot of things. So yes to the 1 about hubby
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ooh you brought up a GREAT point. My husbant is from Pakistan...His 2 ex wife is in Pakistan...She has been for 7 years with their 3 kids. The oldest (10 year old im speaking of) moved in with us last year...He was taught that only his two sisters(in pakistan) are his realy sisters. The others are only step...Boy does it piss me off. I have "half" siblings...They are not only half my sister or brother...I dont know why anyone would teach their child that!
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You have him now and you can help teach him what you believe.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• nope, my son was taken under my hubbies wing at 1, he calls him dad, and my hubby treats him just the smae! I love my Hunny!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010