secrets for fighting fatigue??

Hi moms,

I'm 36 with one baby. I still nurse our 16 month old about 3 times a day and take prenatals. I try to eat as healthy as possible but I probably don't drink enough, and don't get enough dark greens. I also know I definitely don't exercise as much as I should. I know those who have more than one baby would probably laugh at this post and wonder how I could be so tired with just one...but I am. I put the baby down at 7 and head to bed at 9:30...she wakes up once during the night and it can be difficult for me to fall back asleep...sometimes she is up for the day at 5...even if I can manage to get her to sleep another 30 minutes, I usually can't fall back asleep. I'm finding that when she goes down for a morning and afternoon nap, I usually want to take a rest, too. I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions? It's possible I'm pregnant...I had sex on 9-1 and 9-4 so it's too soon to know---but that could explain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nursing can sap your energy a bit, and as you say, being pregnant. Get a physical to rule out gland problems- thyroid is one that always comes to mind, anemia, virus, bacterial infection.

Answer by Bmat at 2:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• are you getting enough protein and iron as well? remember if you are a vegetarian foods with iron shoud be consumed with foods with vitamin c (fruit, certain veggies). Are you eating enough?
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Because my DH doesn't get home until 630 from work, we decided to put the babies to sleep when we go to sleep so that he can have plenty of time to spend with them. I was giving them baths right after dinner (because my son gets super messy) but noticed my daughter (4 months old) konks out if I do so we give them baths starting at 10pm, then bottle for son, and nurse my daughter and then go to sleep. She still gets up once and I can relate to your not being able to get back to sleep. But they both sleep late so that helps. I think if you put your baby to sleep later, you would be able to sleep in and it would help tremendously! There's nothing wrong with taking a nap too, but I can never mange to do it. Once I"m up, I'm up, especially after coffee! Nursing depletes us of nutrients, liquids and energy. Make sure you stay on your vitamin and remind yourself to drink a lot! Of course if you are pregnant again, you will definitely
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• maybe she would sleep longer with only 1 nap during the day. my son slept awful until he went down to only 1 nap around 15 months, now he sleeps 12 hours. and now that i have a new baby i wish that he would go back to about 3 naps a day lol.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 7:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010