Is my baby engaged?

Just got checked yesterday and the doc said I was dilated 1 cm to the head! If the doc can feel the baby's head through my cervix does that mean that the baby is engaged?!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think so. Here is a picture of a model.

http://www.pregnancy-bliss.co.uk/headengagement.html

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I dont think so. I am 1 cm/80%effaced/and -2 station but the doctor said that she could feel her head. But maybe Im wrong so maybe someone can answer this for both of us.
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yes, but shouldnt the be feeling the bag of waters first maybe they can feel it through that idk....id assume youd start dialating more soon bc the head is sitting on the cervix good luck how far are you
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• lol i guess im guessing too here bc ive never had the babys head come down she said if i was 2 cm shed feel the water bag but i was closed
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm the OP. I'm only 30 weeks....I had to go to L&D yesterday b/c of contractions. The doc said she expects me to have this baby in the next few weeks. I didn't think at the time to ask if the baby was engaged but I kind of figured she was since the doc could feel her head. I also think I'm off on my date about 3 or 4 weeks b/c my baby is bigger than she should be at this time and I've only gained 10 pounds this entire pregnancy. Thank you all so much for your answers!
    MommieIsSexay

Answer by MommieIsSexay at 2:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• GL keep us updated
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thank u! I will!
    MommieIsSexay

Answer by MommieIsSexay at 3:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010