nick name for kids?

yes or no?
yes for me

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• My parents call Zachary "Zach-Attack" and I've always called his older brother "Hurricane" because of his boundless energy and his ability to destroy a room in 3 seconds flat lol. My parents and my friends parents all had nicknames for us. I think as long as it's not something that will embarrass them later on they are fine. Oh, yes lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yup. I call my oldest Sis & my youngest Boo
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, I usually call them by their names and I do NOT shorten it, I call Patrick, Patrick
    ttfntigger13

Answer by ttfntigger13 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• DD is Annabel and I knew people would want to shorten it and I didn't want her to be Anna - because I didn't name her Anna. So we call her Bella. I think nickname are a sign of affection, just don't over use them. I think it is important that when a kid goes to school they know what their full name is. She is so cute right now (almost 2) and will ask people "what's your name?" and even if they answer she will keep asking until they ask her what her name is. And she always answers "I'm Annabel"
    We also call her meepers - because or the sound of her cry as a newborn.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes. I have 2 daughters. One is my "Princess" and the other is my "Angel"
    phoenix231

Answer by phoenix231 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My oldest sons name is Adam and I call him Ad and my lil one is William and I call him Will or worm they sem to enjoy it!!!
    MaineMomAh2

Answer by MaineMomAh2 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yes!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i think nicknames are fine - as long as they won't lead to the child being made fun of - my son's name on his birth certificate was Christopher Robin (i had winnie the pooh theme for his room) - the day we were to leave the hospital to come home, we changed his birth certificate to Christopher Richard (his dad's first name) - my husband kept saying all along - "don't stick a kid with a name like christopher robin - he'll be laughed right out of kindergarten - lol - he became "Chrissy-Crow" at home and "Chrissy" all through school - he finally got to Chris by middle school - our other son is Gary Richard - we called him "gary gear-box" at home - he got gar in school - and he still gets gar or gary -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010