What chores do your children have? How often do they do them? How old are they?

I have a 4 year old son(he will be 5 in two day) and a 10 year old stepson-

-They have to make sure their room is picked up everyday. Vaccuum their own room everyday. They has to brush our dog everyday and play with the dog outside everyday for at least 15 minutes. They both have to put their laundry away when its folded(i normally help my son bcecause im picky, lol)

My step son has to clean the toilet twice a week. My son(4 yr old) has to wipe downt he bathroom sink one a week.

My son loves to help me...He helps me wash windows...walls...baseboards...dusting...moving things....Folding laundry...pretty much everything!

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old.. they have to have their room cleaned everyday.. and if they bring toys in the living room they have to pick those up. They also love to help clean, so when I'm dusting or doing dishes, its not uncommon for them to come & help!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• right now, he only has to keep his things put away in his bedroom (shoes, change of clothing, etc), and his playroom organized (legos are put back in their container when he's finished, for example). if he brings out something big, like lincoln logs or hotwheels sets/car to play in the living room where we're watching tv together, he has to put them back in his playroom before bedtime.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• oh, and he's 5yo.
    dullscissors

• 3,5,a dn 6 years old girls
    5, and 6 years old have to make the bed

5, clean the hall way and pick up after lunch, pick up anything in the bathroom, and clean her room. ( really there never anything in the hall way but you never know )

6, clean the livingroom, pick up after dinner, clean her room,

3, help clean the room, and livingroom,

They do livingroom and bathroom everyday, all the other every 3 days.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Children are 5 & 8. Both are expected to clean their rooms and take full responsibility for the dogs. Five-year old helps with dusting. Eight-year old helps with cooking. Both fold their laundry and put the clothes in the appropriate places. Also they have to keep the yard free of their toys after they are through playing with them.
    Ciela372

Answer by Ciela372 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They are 3 & 4.

They have to keep their toys and clothes picked up. Make sure their books are all put away. Help me put their laundry away. Make sure all the shoes go in the closet. And clean up the table after eating - scrape plates and put them in the sink... Really it just about keeping up on their own stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• wow, that seems like a lot of work for a 10yo, u seriously make him clean the toilet twice a week?!
    i have a 7yo, 3yo and 1yo... my 7yo & 3yo are expected to pick up toys/books/etc when i ask them to or before bed for sure. my 7yo also helps with the laundry (folding towels, putting away hers and her sister's clothes, getting out of dryer, sorting dirty laundry etc) and does the dishes for me sometimes but thats more because she ENJOYS doing them :P I would personally never make my kids scrub toilets or vacumm their own rooms... probably cause i wouldn't like the way they did it and would end up doing it again myself though :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have twin 8 year olds and they do everything! They have been doing laundry since the age of 5 in addition to cleaning their room, the bathroom (floors and toilet included); the dishes; clean table and sweep floor after each meal or snack; mop; dust;vacuum; take out the trash and wash my car!
    phoenix231

Answer by phoenix231 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Hmmm...Anonymous...I find it very odd that you say that is too much for a 10 year old to do YET my 5 year old does THE EXACT SAME THING...Except the toilet...

My 10 year old SS has to take a Lysol Wipe and wipe down the OUTSIDE of the toilet...Including the lid, seat, and around the back and bottom of it...HE does this because HE is the one who pees all over the place. Why should I have to clean a 10 year olds pee of the toilet when he is damn sure old enough to be able to pee in a toilet without peeing ON the toilet.
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010